- This event has passed.
Intensive – Rider Skills Development Camp
August 10 @ 8:00 am - August 13 @ 2:00 pm$600.00
These camps are open to students who have previous riding experience. These are our most advanced programs that not only cover horsemanship skills, which are required for show competition, but allow us to put our skilled teaching techniques into action. This program is for students who can canter and are looking for further jumping and dressage flat work skills. These lessons are longer and more intense and are taught by our master instructors. These campers are invited to bring their own horse to the master camp program. In an effort to make this program a well-rounded total equine riding experience, we offer trips to local tack and feed stores for enhanced learning enrichment.
- Canter with control.
- Simple lead changes.
- Perform an emergency dismount at the trot.
- Recognize leads in the canter.
- Ride without stirrups. At the: walk, trot, and canter.
- Trot and perform confidence on the horse without a saddle.
- Preform and teach flying lead changes.
- Riders learn how to count strides.
- Canter transition from the walk and halt.
- Ride bending lines and rollback turns.
- Learn how to ride advanced gymnastic lines.
- Trot and canter courses of cross rails and two foot, to two foot six verticals with proper – striding and distances.
- Lateral work.
- Demonstrate collection, flexion and impulsion.
- Learn how to and when apply the four basic crest releases over fences.
Camp dates: Monday thru Friday drop off at 8:00AM Pick-up 2PM
Price Includes Summer Camp T-Shirt